Multi-Year Accessibility Plan 2021-2025Home | Accessibility
Committed to meeting the requirements under the AODA.
Lawrie Insurance Group Inc. (LIGI) is one of the largest and most trusted independent brokerages in Canada. With more than 40 years of insurance experience, Lawrie Insurance Group has become experts in Commercial Insurance, Personal Insurance and Employee Benefits. As a fully independent brokerage, our obligation is to our customers that trust us to protect the big things in their life such as family, business and lifestyle.
The Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) seeks development, implementation, and enforcement of Accessibility Standards in order to achieve accessibility for all Ontarians by 2025. Lawrie Insurance Group is committed to meeting the needs of our employees and customers with disabilities and continues to work towards preventing barriers to accessibility. LIGI strives at all times to provide its products and services in a way that supports the principles of dignity, independence and integration. We are also committed to giving people with disabilities the same opportunity to access our products and services and allowing them to benefit from the same products and services, in the same place and in a similar way as other clients and/or patrons. Lawrie Insurance Group remains committed to meeting the requirements under the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Customer Service Standard
Lawrie Insurance Group holds a Customer Service Accessibility Policy whereby all employees are trained in providing Accessible Customer Service.
- We communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability. We train all staff on how to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities.
- We are committed to providing fully accessible telephone service to our clients. We train staff to communicate with customers over the telephone in clear and plain language and to speak clearly and slowly.
- We are committed to serving people with disabilities who use assistive devices to obtain, use or benefit from our products and services. We ensure that our staff is trained and familiar with various assistive devices that may be used by clients and/or patrons with disabilities while accessing our products and services.
- We are committed to providing accessible statements to all of our customers. Statements will be provided in an alternative format upon request where available. We will answer any questions clients may have about the content of the statement in person, by telephone or email (notwithstanding any privacy obligations in order to protect our clients’ privacy rights.)
- We are committed to welcoming persons with disabilities who are accompanied by a service animal on the parts of our premises that are open to the public and other third parties. We also ensure that all staff, volunteers and others dealing with the public on behalf of LIGI are properly trained in how to interact with people with disabilities who are accompanied by a service animal.
- We are committed to welcoming people with disabilities who are accompanied by a support person. Any person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to enter the brokerage’s premises that are open to the public and other third parties with their support person.
- LIGI provides clients and patrons with notice in the event of a planned or unexpected disruption in the facilities or services usually used by people with disabilities. This notice will be available on our website, lawriegroup.com and will include information about the reason for disruption, and its anticipated duration.
- LIGI provides training to all employees, volunteers and others whole deal with clients, the public or other third parties on our behalf. Training is developed and delivered in various formats to all staff. Training will include the following:
- The purpose of the AODA Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard.
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities.
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or support person.
- How to learn about the use of various assistive devices.
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing the brokerage’s products or services.
- Staff will be trained on policies, practices and procedures that affect the way products and services are provided to people with disabilities. Staff will also be trained on an ongoing basis when changes are made to these policies, practices and procedures.
LIG will continue to keep up to date with requirements under the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act and continue to use the strategies listed above to make our services and workplace accessible to our clients and employees.
Information and Communications
LIG is committed to making our information and communication accessible to people with disabilities. We will continue to provide alternative formats and accommodations upon request.
Lawrie Insurance Group is committed to fair and accessible employment practices.
Lawrie Insurance Group is committed to providing accessible customer service to people with disabilities. This means that we will provide goods and services to people with disabilities with the same high quality and timeliness as others.
Information and Communications
Lawrie Insurance Group is committed to making our information and communications accessible to people with disabilities.
Lawrie Insurance Group is committed to providing training in the requirements of Ontario’s accessibility laws and the Ontario Human Rights Code as it applies to people with disabilities.
We’re here to answer any questions you have about our products and services.